Our History


banner_nuestra_hist_002

Our History

In 1947 a small group of American and Colombian businessmen founded The Columbus School in order to provide a U.S. style education for expatriate children and Colombian children who sought an alternative to the predominantly parochial education that was prevalent in the mid 20thcentury.

Our founding fathers envisioned the need to prepare their children for a world that would be increasingly “internationalizing” and pledged to prepare students to achieve academic excellence through critical and creative thinking, global mindedness and bilingualism.

Currently our school is known beyond the city and the country for being a leader in its educational program and for constantly improving its processes and for its constant growth, perfectionism and evolution. All these special characteristics and our permanent commitment to quality education, values and personalized teaching, contribute to our school being a leader in education year after year.